Lyme Events Calendar
Quechee Central Library
Quechee, VT 05059 United States (802) 295-1232 http://www.quecheelibrary.org/
Located at 1957 Quechee Main Street in the town of Hartford, Vermont, Quechee Public Library is a community center serving residents and visitors. It also administers library services at the Wilder Club and Library in Wilder village, and members are encouraged to take advantage of the coordinated services, collections, programs and meeting areas in the newer, larger Quechee Library and the historical Wilder Clubhouse.
All individuals are welcome to become Quechee Library members at no charge, and are also welcome to participate in programs and to use its resources. Children under the age of 16 are required to have a parental signature to become a member. The library subscribes to the American Library Association Bill of Rights and offers all individuals full access to available resources and materials. Parents and caregivers, not library staff, are responsible for the safety and actions of children.
The Library’s operating budget is supported largely by Hartford tax dollars, but generous contributions fund remaining operating expenses and all capital expenses. A general appeal is mailed out each fall, and the Friends of Quechee Library solicit memberships each spring. Throughout the year various fundraising events are held and different products are developed for sale. Various grants, including the federal Library Services and Construction Act grant in 1995 and the Freeman Foundation grants in 2001-2004, supported the building construction projects. The continued support of the Byrne Foundation, the SunUp Foundation, the Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation, and other organizations are key to the Library’s growth and vitality.
Collections at the Quechee Library and the Wilder Library include Books, CDs, DVDs, Videos, Cassettes, Periodicals & Newspapers..
- Downloadable Audio Books from the Green Mountain Consortium: Listen Up! Vermont. Log in using your Quechee Library patron card number + 1957 (the library PIN number).
- Interlibrary Loan. Through the Vermont Automated Library System (VALS) items are usually available quickly. There is no charge; postage donations are appreciated. Contact librarian with requests.
- Wireless Access and High Speed Public Computers
- Fax, Copier, Tax forms
- Programs for adults and children: see Programs and Kids’ Page
- Daycare storytimes and book deliveries. Call or e-mail for information.
- Outreach book deliveries to shut-ins. Call or e-mail to request.
- Deliveries to the Bugbee Senior Centers, special requests and rotating items.
- Electronic resources and data-bases: see Ready Reference
- Changing Nature of Art and Place, photographs by Collamer Abbott of Hartford in the 1950s are on exhibit as part of the permanent collection. Several photographs are available for travel. Partially funded through the Vermont Arts Council and the NEA.