Easing into the New Year Together
Our Hour Zoom – January 2021
In the Our Hour gathering over Zoom this week, we shared our hopes, listened to each other’s concerns, and suggested some uplifting and encouraging activities to one another. We promised to share some notes, to remember the inspiring thoughts and good ideas. Perhaps those who missed this gathering will enjoy them too! Here’s a summary:
Hopes for the Coming Year
- To listen better to others, so we can have more peace.
- For peace and calm, after an overwhelming busy time.
- To simplify my life.
- To learn to play the piano.
- To share Bone Builders strength and balance training in Lyme
- To publish my new book.
- To meet and get to know more extended family through DNA ancestry research.
- To have more conversations like this one, which is so uplifting!
Tips for Well-being and Happiness
- Hook rugs! It is a wonderful outlet for creativity and keeps my hands busy. (This came with an offer to teach rug hooking to anyone interested)
- Do DNA ancestry research to meet and get to know extended family.
- Read A Town Like Alice, by Nevil Shute
- Read Prairie Fires, by Caroline Fraser
- Listen to the book on tape, American Nations, by Colin Woodward
- Watch a Li Ziqi YouTube video
- Watch a video segment on the HERD website
- Read a Malcom Gladwell book (Blink, The Tipping Point, The Outliers, etc.)
Join the CommunityCare of Lyme Galentine’s Day celebration by Zoom at 7pm on February 13
More information will be coming soon about this fun event!
Thank you very much for your words of wisdom and kind sharing, Our Hour Friends! I leave you one last pearl from today’s Our Hour gathering:
“Keep your hands busy. Your head will be happy.”
To find out more about Our Hour, let us know you’ll be joining us, or just to say hello, click here to send me an email. I look forward to getting to know you!