We are inspired by the annual reminder to experience the gift of giving – and receiving, too – and we’re promoting opportunities to do both this season.
Celebrate by joining in, with generous service, open receipt of love and care, and joyful participation in events. Look for ways to share your gifts and to lift up others by receiving theirs. There are so many options:
- Join the Community Thanksgiving at Lyme Congregational Church.
- Support your favorite charity or non-profit on #GivingTuesday or whenever you can (hint: CCL is a great choice!)
- Help fill the Lyme Common with lights for the Tree Festival, sponsored by The Utility Club of Lyme.
- Visit CCL’s “Hugs for the Holidays” Tree, choose a ribbon or two with ideas, and share the gift of kindness toward neighbors. Or check out the Kindness Calendar below from the Action for Happiness for a daily dose of kindness to share.
- Dine at the Community Breakfast Café in the Lyme Center Vestry or the Senior Lunch at the Lyme Congregational Church.
- Join us for a special Our Hour to spend easy time and enjoy treats together during a sometimes challenging season.
- Enjoy the Lyme Christmas Pageant, holiday concerts, and community gatherings in town.
- Join us at the Jingle & Mingle Party – a grand community open house at the Academy Building. Bring friends and family. Let us know if you would enjoy helping with the event in some way.
- Stop by our offices during open hours or make an appointment for some warm conversation. There will be a lot going on!
If you know of another event we could help to promote, please get us the details. If you’d like to organize something new, CCL is here to support you! See the calendar for details on upcoming events, and give us a call.
Contact Patty Jenks, CCL Director, for ideas.