Flourless Chickpea Blondies
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
“These delicious blondies are naturally gluten free and made with 100% natural and wholesome ingredients! No flour, sugar, oil, or butter! Throw them together in 5 minutes and you will have a sweet treat in 30 minutes that the whole family will enjoy!”
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or your choice of nut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean and the edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/flourless-chocolate-chip-chickpea-blondies-with-sea-salt-vegan-gluten-free-healthy/
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value *
|Total Fat 6 g
|Saturated Fat 2 g
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
|Trans Fat 0 g
|Cholesterol 13 mg
|Sodium 126 mg
|Potassium 5 mg
|Total Carbohydrate 17g
|Dietary Fiber 3 g
|Sugars 8 g
|Protein 5 g
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme