Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN
Zucchini is abundant in the Summertime and a delicious nutrient rich vegetable. It is an excellent source of vitamins C and A, high in antioxidants, and it contains soluble and insoluble fiber so it is good for digestion. This delicious and moist zucchini bread is so flavorful and a great way to use up fresh zucchini from your garden!
● 2 cup all-purpose flour
● 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk of choice with a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed in
● 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
● 1 teaspoon of baking powder
● 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 2 large eggs
● 1/2 cup yogurt (greek, coconut, almond, or your choice)
● ½ cup maple syrup
● ½ cup of brown sugar
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
● 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and brown sugar until smooth and well combined.
5. Stir in the grated zucchini.
6. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
9. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
10. Cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4 g 7 %
Saturated Fat 2 g 11 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg 10 %
Sodium 196 mg 8 %
Potassium 84 mg 2 %
Total Carbohydrate 34 g 11 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 4 %
Sugars 16 g
Protein 4 g 8 %
Vitamin A 3 %
Vitamin C 4 %
Calcium 42 %
Iron 4 %
Recipe adapted from: https://bake-eat-repeat.com/chocolate-chip-zucchini-bread-recipe/
See it on Anna’s Website: https://www.holisticnutritioncoach.org/chocolate-chip-zucchini-bread
If you have a recipe you would like to share, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme