– The Lyme History Museum Open –
The Lyme History Museum, operated by the Lyme Historians, Inc. is located in the Churchill-Melvin House at 15 Main Street across from the Lyme Common and between the Lyme Country Store and the cemetery.
Wednesdays 4pm to 6pm and Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm or by appointment. If you have a question or need information please email or call us.
Look forward to these upcoming exhibits:
- Coming mid-June: “Down the Aisle, Down the Years” A fun sampling of wedding dresses from early 19th c. through 2000s; most are on loan from Lyme residents, along with photos and stories
- through Nov. 11: World War I, the “War to end all wars.” Focus on American participation, especially men from Lyme. Fascinating artifacts, photos and stories
- Open this summer: Woodworking and Farming tools and equipment, in our historic barn
- Ongoing exhibit: “LYME LUMINARIES” Our first honoree is Lucy King, prolific researcher and Historian extraordinaire who loved Lyme and was loved by Lyme.