Upper Valley Community Gathering
A panel discussion followed by open dialog, questions and answers
Most of us have been touched by a suicide or other traumatic death during our life. This evening will be a community experience to discuss and explore what we — towns, families, and individuals — experience in the moths that follow a tragedy.
Family and community members will be dealing with many questions after a tragic death, in addition to this briefest sampling:
- Do others have any idea what we go through?
- Is this grief longer than what follows death from natural causes?
- How can we help a survivor who has lost someone close?
Hearing about the collective experiences of others will help everyone understand more about what follows tragic losses. Our panel of Upper Valley experts will share their experiences and advice on how we can navigate the journey toward healing, providing hope and help for peaceful transitions to functioning well again.
- Jeff Valence, MEd, MS: Lyme School Principal and moderator
- Dominic Candido, PhD: Psychologist and CEO, Enhance Health in Lebanon
- Ann Duckless, MA: Community Educator, NAMI-NH
- Michael Whitman: Lyme community member and survivor of suicide loss