The Refugee Support Team at the First Congregational Church of Thetford presents a Community Forum on Child Separation and Detention on the Southern Border on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at the First Congregational Church of Thetford, 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Welcome & Introductions – Pastor Robin Junker-Boyce
- Annelise Orleck, Dartmouth History Professor, Author – Why Women Are Fleeing Honduras
- Susan Sussman, Immigration Caseworker for Senator Patrick Leahy – Report from Senator Leahy’s office
- Congressman Peter Welch- call-in phone report from DC
- Doris & Mark Hampton and Ken Barnes introduce Jorge Ramos’s 15-minute video report from Homestead, FL: https://www.jorgeramos.com/en/real-america-with-jorge-ramos-child-detention-inc/amp/
- Doris & Mark Hampton and Ken Barnes share experiences of their recent visit to the Homestead Child Detention Center
- Kira Kelley, Chairperson of the Vermont Lawyers Guild – Report of the National Lawyers Guild’s work in border states and Vermont
- Panel discussion and Q&A
A collection will be taken at the door to support a non-profit organization helping children in detention and reuniting migrant families.
Doris & Mark Hampton and Ken Barnes are members of the Human Rights Working Group of the Canterbury Citizens for Democracy/ Kent Street Coalition