Lyme Community Potluck Picnic on the Common
The Lyme Community Potluck Picnic on the Common was a wonderful gathering, with over 150 neighbors, an extraordinary array of tasty food, and a Lyme Fire engine to explore – just one of many ways organizations and businesses joined in the fun.
We are so very grateful to everyone who came together for the very special evening! Please join CommunityCare of Lyme in thanking all those who contributed to in so many special ways, and reaching out to the organizations and businesses here to serve us all.
If you are a new neighbor who didn’t get to join us at the picnic, we missed you and look forward to getting together with you soon! We are eager to know you, and we’re helping to share information and goodies for some Lyme organizations and businesses. Contact CCL Director, Patty Jenks (firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-795-0603) or visit the CCL Offices in the Lyme Center Academy Building. Usually Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings, but check about hours. We’re working toward a standard schedule by fall.
Enjoy the photos at the end of the post! If you took some shots that we might include, please send them along. Email Shelby Wood.
Many, many helping hands made it all possible …
Most importantly, the cooks, bakers, gardeners, food artists, and shoppers whose offerings created a beautiful, bountiful buffet. Everyone contributed to a true “potluck”, and it worked! Several mouthwatering recipes were shared, and we’ll be making them available soon. There’s still time to send us your recipe so we can include it! Email Shelby Wood.
The servers, who cheerfully filled guests’ plates, on behalf of their organizations:
- Loch Lyme Lodge – Lin Brown and Liz Ryan Cole
- Lyme Foundation – Joan Barthold
- Mascoma Savings Bank – Heather Powers and Molly Sanborn
- The Utility Club of Lyme – Judy Timchula
- VegiCare – Mimi Weinstein
All the guests, who helped protect the earth. Many brought their own tableware. Most food offerings were in non-disposable serving dishes. Kathy and Bill Waste cleaned the flatware shared by Lyme Congregational Church. Patty Jenks washed the rags used to clean the tables after the meal.
Those Guys of Lyme, who helped in so many ways.
- The Tent Set up team (3-generations!): Paul Barker, Dan Freihofer, Dave, Hewitt, and Powers Hewitt, Paul, Paul jr., and Clancy Killebrew, Robin Taylor, Bill Waste.
- The too-many-to-name table and chair moving, parking, waste management and clean up crew, coordinated by Jim Mason.
Lyme Congregational Church, who shared their tables, chairs, flatware, and baskets. A big and generous team, most of whom wear many community hats. Special shout out to David Perlman for his coordinating effort.
Lyme Fire, who showed up in force, with a little “show-and-tell”. Many kids (and a few others) explored the impressive engine and its equipment.
Mascoma Savings Bank, who helped cover expenses. Heather and Molly also brought delicious chili and spent the whole evening serving.
Lyme Historians, who contributed the pretty sign-in table and name tags. Everyone who attended is part of the history of Lyme! It was fun – and so helpful – to see names and years folks joined the Lyme community.
Bret Ryan, Northern Woodlands, and the Lyme Historians, who offered parking in their private lots.
Other contributions that made a big difference:
- Brigette Cameron, on behalf of the Lyme School PTO, reached out to new neighbors with school age children.
- Margaret Caldwell painted and put up the bright banner on the Common.
- Dayle Mason managed the beverage table.
- Paul Killebrew was everywhere!
- Neighbors shared sweet flower arrangements from their gardens.
- The clean-up crew – some who signed up early for the task – stuck with it ’til the very end.
HUGE thanks to everyone!
Lyme organizations and businesses were on hand to meet and reconnect with community members
Please contact us if we inadvertently missed you! We’ll update the list.
CommunityCare of Lyme
Happy Feet Clinic
Lyme Food Pantry
Converse Free Library
Lyme Congregational Church
Lyme Parish Nurse
Town of Lyme
Pearl Dimick Fund
Lyme School PTO
Lyme Town Band
Those Guys of Lyme
Loch Lyme Lodge
Mascoma Savings Bank
Matt Brown Fine Art
Photos of our time together
Please share photos you may have from the evening, by email to Shelby Wood.
Manager of Program Development
CommunityCare of Lyme