News and Notes:
Celebrating this month …
Agriculture – Showcasing the hard work of our local farmers and gardenier. We celebrate the past, present and future of agriculture in our community. We have so many skilled and dedicated women, men, and children dedicated to raising crops, animals, flowers, and more, benefitting our health, well-being, economy, and the earth. Watch for stories, photos, and activities throughout the month!
- Gather with us to celebrate Farms and Fathers Wednesday, June 16 at 4:30pm outside the Lyme Center Academy Building. All are welcome! Please bring your memories, stories, and poems to share at the gathering. We will have light refreshments. To help us plan, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ll join us. We look forward to seeing you!
- From the VegiCare team: “LETTUCE be mindful, here’s a HEADS up! … please plant an extra row or two, to share your bounty with many or few.” The season starts on July 5th, with Monday drop off of vegetables and fruit to share. A team of volunteers delivers the harvest to grateful neighbors. Growers and deliverers are always welcome! Contact Mimi (email@example.com, 603-381-2074) or Dayle (firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-359-4346) with questions or to share your veggies or thyme.
If you appreciate or are involved in local agriculture, and would like folks to know more, please email email@example.com.
Pride Month – Love is Love. There are several upcoming festivities, which celebrate inclusion for all.
Please contact us to share stories or resources in support of Pride month, and always let us know how CCL might help you or someone you know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu. Click here to read this week’s recipe, Chickpea Penne Salad, from Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “Full of fresh vegetables, arugula, and protein rich beans and chickpea pasta, this dish is naturally gluten-free and the perfect side dish at your BBQs this summer!” Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Wellness Wednesday. Click here for this week’s post, “70 Years Strong: An Interview with Lee and Helen Oliver” by Shelby Wood Join us in celebrating and learning from 70 years of marriage. See all the Wellness Wednesday posts here.
If you have a wellness tip or a healthful recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
Happy Feet Clinic. Click here for details. Contact Debbie Whitaker by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-727-0284 for more information or to schedule an appointment. All are welcome!
Meals on Wheels and Grab-N-Go Meals update from Orford Senior Center
Every Thursday at noon, Grab-N-Go hot meals are available at Orford Congregational Church. A small donation is requested ($3 for those 60+, $5 for others.) These are the meals delivered as “Lunch & Learn” by the Lyme Parish Nursing Program. The Home Delivered Meals program (“Meals on Wheels”) now delivers healthy hot meals five days a week! It’s easy to sign up. Call Lisa at 603-536-1204. You may also contact CCL at 795-0603 or the Parish Nursing Program at 795-2850 to learn more.
Dartmouth Aging Resource Center fabulous virtual Programming Continues!
As we do periodically, we’re sharing this week’s update from Lori Fortini, who makes sure it all happens and we all know about what’s being offered by the Aging Resource Center (ARC). We’ve added some of the ARC events to the Lyme Events Calendar, but there are lots more opportunities to gather and learn and share about health and well-being challenges, including many programs for those affected by dementia. There are also many fun and uplifting programs to join others enjoying conversation, poetry, art, and more. Email Lori if you’d like to receive her weekly update directly.
Osher Summer Lecture Series by Zoom – What’s Next? Finding a Way Forward
The United States is at a critical crossroad. As we emerge from a devastating pandemic and recession, our democracy is once again being tested. Six scholars will examine the multiplicity of challenges including how to restore the American Dream amid a technological and global revolution, how to peacefully integrate an increasingly diverse population, how to minimize climate damage, and above all, how to restore trust in government that works for all the people. Thursdays, July 15 – August 19, 9-11am. Click here to view OSHER’s Summer Lecture Series information and registration. Note: There is a fee to register. Contact CCL at 795-0603, if the fee would prevent you from joining. We can help.
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or email@example.com.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to make someone else feel really good, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
We partner with organizations and generous volunteers to connect you with just the right resources and opportunities to get involved, in Lyme and in nearby communities: Vaccination support. Trusted “handy” helpers for small jobs (reasonable rates or at no cost). Volunteers for deliveries, errands, technology support, and more. Food. Jenks Fund help with special “little things” to ease your mind or lift the spirits. You name it. And you can join in, in so many ways.
You can find events and fun activities to enjoy, following Covid-safe protocols. Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, or the Aging Resource Center for ideas.
This week, don’t miss:
- Tuesday (6/15) at 1pm: Lyme Food Pantry Fresh Produce and Staples Pick-up or Delivery at Lyme Congregational Church. Farmers market style fresh produce from Willing Hands, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs, and local bakers. All who ask can receive a box of non-perishable items. Gift cards for other groceries and prepared meals are also available. Boxes of food may be ordered ahead, and if we’re asked for something special we’ll do our best to make it available. There is plenty. Contact us at 795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday (6/16) at 4:30pm: “Farms & Fathers” Gathering, outside at the Lyme Center Academy Building. All are welcome! We will have light refreshments. Please click here or email email@example.com to let us know you’ll join us. Questions? Call 795-0603.
- Thursday (6/17): Lyme School 8th Grade Graduation. Watch school news for details.
- Friday (6/18): Lyme School Last Day of School.
Save the Date: