News and Notes:
Covid Vaccination and State Mask Mandate Updates.
If you haven’t yet, go to vaccines.nh.gov and register. You may also call 211. You will be sent a link and instructions to schedule your appointment. If your originally scheduled appointment doesn’t work for you, the new VINI scheduling system allows you to change to one that’s more convenient, without having to cancel your current appointment. At the end of May, state sites will be phased out, and vaccinations will be moving to private locations (pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, etc.) We encourage you to get signed up and take advantage of the vaccination-specific locations, while they’re available.
Quick note about your vaccination card: Keep it, and keep it safe! It is suggested that you make a copy or take a photo and keep it on your phone. Do not laminate it, as you may need it for future boosters or periodic vaccinations. More suggestions about safeguarding and sharing your record of vaccination to come.
Margaret Caudill-Slosberg (“EOC Lyme” on the Listserv) continues to keep us informed as the systems and conditions evolve. Watch for her emails. Call 603-795-0603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need any help getting – or getting to – your vaccination appointment.
Weekly health and well-being tips, resources, and recipes …
Monday’s Menu and Wellness Wednesday. Click here to read this week’s recipe, “Creamy White Beans with Kale and Wild Rice”, submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN. Anna says, “This wholesome and nutritious dinner is a great weeknight meal. Easy to put together, full of flavor, creamy, filling, and loaded with plant-based protein and fiber.” Click here to see all the Monday’s Menu recipes.
Click here for this week’s post, “Time Well Spent? How to Effectively Manage the Most Valuable Resource”, by Laurie Veillette, PsyD and CCL Board Member. See all the Wellness Wednesday posts at cclyme.org/wellness-wednesdays.
If you have a wellness tip or healthful recipe you would like to share, please contact email@example.com.
Happy Feet Clinic
Selected Thursdays, with new dates being added, at Lyme Congregational Church. Appointments are required. Home visits are also available. Susan Hanna Rose, RN, provides expert therapeutic foot care. Contact Debbie Whitaker firstname.lastname@example.org , 802-727-0284 for more information and to schedule an appointment. All are welcome!
Lyme Scholarship Applications
College students from Lyme, or students having close ties to the Lyme community, may apply for Lyme scholarships for undergraduate study by requesting an application from Bill Murphy at email@example.com or 795-2287, or 40 Preston Road. A common application is used by The Lyme Foundation’s William and Justine Griffith Fund, The Lyme Utility Club, The Nichols Family Scholarship Fund, The LCC Women’s Fellowship, The Alice B. Thayer Scholarship Fund, The Al Pomeroy Scholarship Fund and The Lyme Educational Assistance Fund. The deadline for submitting applications is May 25, 2021, and interviews will be held on June 21, 22, and 23 with grants being made shortly thereafter. Last year the committee was able to award over $36,000.
Those Guys Tent Rentals
Those Guys will once again be renting their tents for this coming outdoor season. As always, funds raised through this effort are distributed to community organizations. (CommunityCare of Lyme has benefited from this generosity!) Of course, all rentals will hinge on the continued improvement in the safety reached for outdoor gatherings vis-a-vis the pandemic.
Tent rental reservations can be made by contacting Frank Gould via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number, physical address, and date of reservation. Frank will reply with the basic reservation details of set up and take down. You will be contacted by the crew captain for your rental to confirm the date and arrange the time of your tent set up. Bookings will require a 50% deposit no later than two weeks prior to the date of your event. Checks are made out to Those Guys and mailed to Chris Ramsden, 122 Breck Hill Rd., Lyme, NH 03768. Should an out of town request come in, it is to be understood that Lyme rentals have priority until May 15.
NEW Tent rental fees*
1 tent in Lyme ……………. $400
2 tents in Lyme …………….. $700
1 tent outside Lyme ………….. $500
2 tents outside Lyme ………… $800
*Note that fees have increased since they were announced earlier, to accommodate rising liability insurance costs.
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or email@example.com.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to make someone else feel really good, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. You’ll reach a friendly voice, a little (or a lot of) help, and creative, safe ways to be involved.
We partner with organizations and generous volunteers to connect you with just the right resources and opportunities to get involved, in Lyme and in nearby communities: Vaccination support. Trusted “handy” helpers for small jobs (reasonable rates or at no cost). Volunteers for deliveries, errands, technology support, and more. Food. Jenks Fund help with special “little things” to ease your mind or lift the spirits. You name it. And you can join in, in so many ways.
You can find events and fun activities to enjoy virtually, outside, or following Covid-safe protocols, which still matter! Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, or the Aging Resource Center for ideas. The calendars include free and by-donation food and meals every week.
This week, don’t miss:
- Tuesday (4/27) at 1pm: Lyme Food Pantry Fresh Produce and Staples Pick-up or Delivery at Lyme Congregational Church. All who ask can receive a box of non-perishable items and fresh produce from Willing Hands, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs, and the USDA. Gift cards for other groceries and prepared meals are available. Boxes of food may be ordered ahead, and if we’re asked for something special we’ll do our best to make it available. There is plenty. Contact us at 795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date!
- Tuesday (5/11) at 10:30am: Our Hour Zoom Gathering – “May Flowers and Mothers” is the theme. Bring your stories, ideas, memories, poems, appreciation or share a flower you have found. We always have a great time! Please RSVP to email@example.com or call 802-727-0284.
- Saturday (5/15) at 9am: Business portion of the annual Town Meeting on the Town Common, when all other articles will be considered and traditional observances held.
- Wednesday (5/19) at 4:30pm: “May Flowers and Mothers” in person safe gathering outside the Lyme Academy Building. Please wear your masks! Bring your stories, ideas, memories, poems, appreciation. If you can, bring flowers (even one!) We will collaboratively create floral arrangements to celebrate our shared experience. We plan to have light refreshments. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-727-0284.
- Saturday (9/25): The Lyme Health & Wellness Fair. Planning is just underway!