News and Notes:
We are here. Every day. 603-795-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach out when you or someone you care about needs a hand. If you could use information, help, a listening ear or ways to make someone else feel really good, contact us at 603-795-0603 or help@CCLyme.org. We partner with organizations and generous volunteers to connect you with just the right resources and opportunities to get involved, in Lyme and in nearby communities: Deliveries or errands. Groceries or meals. Health and wellbeing boosts. Handy help around home. Ways to stay warm and connected. A little help problem-solving. Tech support. You name it.
Next week, everyone in NH 16 or older will be eligible for vaccination! The governor’s emergency order for masking, distancing, and limited gathering sizes has been extended. If you’re newly eligible, the scheduling system has changed, but you access it in the same way: go to vaccines.nh.gov and register. You will be sent a link and instructions to schedule your appointment.
Margaret Caudill-Slosberg (“EOC Lyme” on the Listserv) continues to keep us informed. If you have yet to be vaccinated, watch for her emails. Call 603-795-0603 or email email@example.com if you have questions or need any help getting – or getting to – your appointment. We’re in touch with Margaret and regional vaccination planning teams.
“The Beauty of Birds” – Now on (virtual) display!
The Beauty of Birds is a virtual art exhibition where the subject of each work is birds, with students from the Lyme School also sharing fabulous artwork based on their habitats. We are very excited about all the works we’ve received both in our open category, and through our Lyme School collaboration. More details are at cclyme.org/birds, The Beauty of Birds page on the CCL website.
- Virtual exhibit: NOW through 4/15. Two pages of exhibits are live now on Matt Brown Fine Art’s website. The open exhibit, with submissions from across the community, and works by Lyme School students.
- Vote by 4/4 at 11:59PM for the work from each (fun) category that best demonstrates that category: You can read more here and submit your votes here .
- Zoom Award celebration: Wed. 4/7 at 6pm. All welcome. Details to come!
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-468-7776.
It’s time to talk about the birds and the bears …
Thanks to the Lyme Conservation Commission for sharing: NH Fish & Game is reminding anyone who feeds wild birds to take down your feeders by April 1st. The onset of increasingly mild weather will cause bears to be more active. As they emerge from hibernation, finding food sources will be foremost on their minds, and bird feeders provide an irresistible lure.
Visit this NH Fish & Game web page for a full rundown of steps you can take to discourage unwanted bear visits.
NEW! Monday’s Menu
Recipes for quick, fun and healthy weeknight meals. Click here to read this week’s recipe, “Banana Berry Oatmeal Bars” submitted by Anna Pippin, MSHN. Thank you to those who have emailed us to say you’ve given this recipe a try already! We’d love to hear from you when you make this recipe.
Would you like to submit a recipe for Monday’s Menu? Please contact email@example.com.
Tips and resources to support and encourage wellness in all aspects of our lives. Click here to read this week’s post “Caring for your ‘Outside’”, by Ghislaine DeMatteo, owner of DeLeon Day Spa and Wellness Center.
You’ll be able to watch this new initiative grow on our website at cclyme.org/wellness-wednesdays. If you have a wellness tip or resource you would like to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
March Craftiness – Finals Bracket!
We’re doing our own version of March Madness, highlighting popular crafts in brackets going head-to-head for your votes! This week we continue March Craftiness with our Final Round. You can submit your votes by clicking here, votes are due Sunday with our Final results being posted Monday. At the time of this posting, we have a VERY close race in our Finals so please vote! Please read more here, and help choose the victorious craft!
You can find events and fun activities to enjoy virtually, outside, or following Covid-safe protocols. Check out the Lyme Events Calendar, the Valley News Calendar, or the Aging Resource Center for ideas. The calendars include lots of free and by-donation food and meals every week.
This week, don’t miss:
- Friday (3/26): FIRST EVENING OF PASSOVER – Chag Pesach Sameach!
- Tuesday (3/30) at 1pm: Lyme Food Pantry Fresh Produce and Staples Pick-up or Delivery. We are now located at Lyme Congregational Church. All who ask can receive a box of non-perishable items and fresh produce from Willing Hands, Pete & Gerry’s Eggs, and the USDA. Gift cards for other groceries and prepared meals are available. Boxes of food may be ordered ahead, and if we’re asked for something special we’ll do our best to make it available. There is plenty. Contact us at 795-0603 or email@example.com.
- Sunday (4/4): EASTER: We will share some local Easter service opportunities next week.
Save the Date:
- Thursdays (4/22, 5/6, 5/20): Happy Feet Clinic, therapeutic foot care provided at Lyme Congregational Church. Appointments required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-795-0603.
- Wednesday (4/7) at 6pm: Beauty of Birds Online Celebration with Winning Artists. Zoom meeting details to follow. In the meantime, submit a bird-themed artwork by Monday 3/15. View the exhibit 3/16-4/15, and vote for your favorite in each category 3/20-27! Learn more.
- Tuesday (4/13) at 10:30am: Our Hour: Light and Happy, Laughter and Fun. We meet each month for a time to share your thoughts, feelings and ideas. Please check out the Our Hour blog post on the CCL website, with notes from this week’s gathering. If you are interested in joining April’s gathering, please send an email to email@example.com so that she can be sure to send you the Zoom link.
- Saturday (5/1) Lyme’s Day of Service and Green-up Day. Lots more to come.
- Saturday (5/15) at 9am: Business portion of the annual Town Meeting on the Town Common, when all other articles will be considered and traditional observances held.
Check out the Lyme Events Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events selected for Lyme and neighboring communities.
Calendar information is gathered from multiple sources, including:
Lyme and other local listservs
Lyme Library Calendar
Lyme Community and Church Newsletter
Lyme School Events Listing
Town of Lyme Website
Daybreak Upper Valley daily newsletter Click to subscribe
Valley News online calendar
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center
Please share any additions or edits to calendar items, so that we can include them in the online calendar.